Divorce in Florida
One-On-One Service from an Experienced Attorney
Are you thinking about divorce? Are you confused, uncertain, and under emotional stress over this complicated legal process? Divorce can force you to make very personal decisions with long-term ramifications on your future. Having trusted legal counsel throughout this process can inform and assist you with those decisions.
At Beatriz Zyne, P.A., we understand the pressure you may be under. We have been helping clients through all types of divorce for more than a decade. At our firm, you will receive one-on-one attention from our divorce attorney, a lifelong resident of this great city who cares about the people in it.
Handling Divorce in Florida
Each divorce is unique with its own set of particular facts and circumstances that will need to be addressed to finalize the matter. You may have questions and concerns about what to expect as you move through the process. All of these can be addressed and handled by Attorney Beatriz Zyne.
- No-fault divorce, where one party asserts to the court that the marriage is irretrievably broken
- Contested divorce, where the parties are in conflict about divorce issues
- Uncontested divorce, where the parties agree about divorce issues
- Divorce mediation, where a negotiated settlement is sought
- Divorce litigation, when negotiation fails and the divorce must be settled by a judge
- Temporary relief, where one party requests a temporary provision from the court early on before the divorce is finalized, such as temporary support, custody, possession of the family home, or anything else connected to the divorce
- Motions in divorce cases, filed with the court by your attorney, where you put an issue before the judge that you would like considered
- Same-sex divorce
- Military divorce, which involves different issues than civilian divorce
- High-asset divorce, where complex financial matters need to be resolved concerning high net worth, family businesses, investments, pensions, and more
What Is a No-Fault Divorce?
Florida is a no-fault divorce state. This means you do not have to prove any “grounds” for divorce to the court. Your divorce will be based on the fact that the marriage is irretrievably broken and cannot be repaired. Even with this simplified concept, however, you may need to resolve such matters as the division of property and debts, child custody, child support, and alimony. Where both parties agree on all of these matters, the divorce can be finalized much more quickly and cost-effectively.
What Does It Cost to Get a Divorce?
Attorney fees and court costs will vary depending on how complicated the case is. If you and your spouse disagree and your contested case must be heard in court over a lengthy time period, this can affect fees. Flat rates are offered for uncontested divorces and domestic violence cases. This may also apply to adoptions in some circumstances.
What Are the Requirements for a Simplified, Fast Divorce?
Either you or your spouse must have resided in Florida for the previous six months before filing a petition. You must not have any children under the age of 18. Neither spouse should be seeking alimony. You both have come to an agreement about how your debts and property will be divided. Finally, you both agree that marriage is irretrievably broken.
Is It Always Necessary to Go through the Courts in a Divorce?
If you and your spouse can negotiate or mediate a settlement on your own, you can avoid court appearances. We have many methods and resources for helping you and your spouse resolve your differences. Once that is done, we can prepare your agreement and submit it to the court for approval. Once it is approved by the court, your divorce will be finalized.
Get Trusted Family Law Representation
Whatever your divorce issues may be, our firm is here to protect your legal rights and work toward an agreeable outcome, whether it involves children, property, or other matters. We encourage you to contact us so that we can get started resolving your divorce as soon as possible.
Arrange to speak with our divorce lawyer by calling (305) 876-6138.