South Miami High-Asset Divorce Lawyer
Get the Personal Attention You Need & Deserve
High-asset divorces can be hotly contested and may even involve assets hidden by one party from the other, so as to retain them once the divorce is finalized. Because of the complexity of locating, valuing, and dividing these assets, your divorce lawyer will need to use special strategies specific to these kinds of divorces. Turn to Beatriz Zyne, P.A. No matter how complicated your divorce may seem, we have the knowledge, resources, and legal ability to help you resolve it as efficiently and smoothly as possible.
How High-Asset Divorce Cases Are Handled
Florida is an equitable distribution state, meaning asset distribution will be what is deemed fair by the court, rather than the strict 50-50 division used in community property states. When dealing with how the properties, investments, business holdings, and other assets will be distributed in a divorce, your attorney often utilizes the services of other professionals, including private investigators, forensic accountants, tax experts, appraisers, actuaries, and more.
High-asset divorces can involve:
- Investment portfolios, requiring the expertise of a forensic accountant to determine how stocks, bonds, and other investments were financed, as well as their value and growth
- 401Ks, IRAs, and pensions
- Business holdings or professional practices, also requiring an appraisal of the value and growth and an understanding of how they were financed
- Real estate holdings, such as the marital home, vacation homes, commercial property, and other income property, which need appraisals and financing information, plus growth factors
- Vehicles, including cars, trucks, private jets, etc.
- Watercraft, such as boats and yachts
- Other valuable assets, such as art collections, jewelry, and more
Factors that may influence how these assets are divided include:
- Whether spousal support is being paid
- The employability of an unemployed or underemployed spouse
- Whether a prenuptial agreement is in play
- Whether any of the property is considered to be separate from the marital or conjoined assets
Let our family law team help you protect your property through effective planning and careful guidance. Call us today to schedule your consultation.
For competent and unwavering legal representation, contact Beatriz Zyne, P.A. at (305) 876-6138.