I am a longtime Florida resident and, prior to law school, I worked as a legal secretary/paralegal. I have over 20 years of legal experience serving the South Florida community. While in law school I participated in the Alternative Dispute Resolution Clinic and served as a co-mediator in County Court cases. Therefore, I bring to the table negotiation skills that will help my clients resolve disputes in an amicable manner. If I can avoid lengthy litigation, I will do so. Many of my cases have been resolved without the need for lengthy litigation due to my negotiation skills and hands-on approach with my clients. I opened up my own law firm in 2008 and, with my negotiation skills, compassion, and aggressiveness, have assisted many clients during difficult times in their life.
Areas of Practice
I handle an extensive range of family law matters, including divorce, child custody, visitation, child support, modifications, property division, alimony, paternity and fathers’ rights, mothers’ rights, adoption, prenuptial and post-nuptial agreements, enforcement of orders, civil and criminal domestic violence cases, minor and adult guardianship, and wills and trusts. I have assisted clients with complex issues as well as simple issues. I keep in mind that each client’s situation is different; therefore, your case will be handled to fit your needs. Communication between you as the client and me is very important, so I keep the lines of communication open and provide updates. I approach each case with compassion, sensitivity, and—when necessary—aggressiveness.
I believe in working toward a resolution of your issues by approaching your case using the mediation technique in an effort to resolve your matter timely and to avoid costly fees. Each of my clients is the most important person and each client’s needs will be addressed with compassion and sensitivity, yet aggressiveness when necessary.
Your phone calls will be answered. Communication is key at my law firm.
- Family law: Divorce, High Net Worth Divorce, Child Custody (parental responsibility – shared or sole), Out of State Custody Proceedings, Visitation (time-sharing), Child Support, Modifications, Division of Property, Equitable Distribution, Complex Property Division, Alimony, Paternity and Fathers’ Rights, Mothers’ Rights, Adoptions, Relocations, Name Change, Pre-nuptial and Postnuptial Agreements, Enforcement of Final Judgments, Adoptions, Dependency Cases
- Domestic Violence: matters related to family law issues, civil and criminal in nature
- Guardianship: minor and adult
- Wills and Trusts
- Florida, 2005
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- J.D., Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center, 2003
- Moot Court
- Legal Community Editor of the Nova Moot Court Honor Society
- Hispanic Law Student Association
- 1st Amendment Moot Court Competition in Washington, D.C.
- Recognition for ProBono Service as a Guardian Ad Litem for children
- Bachelor of Liberal Studies, Barry University, 1999
- Florida Bar
- Family Law Section of the Florida Bar
- American Bar Association