Miami High-Asset Divorce Lawyer
Experienced Representation for Florida Couples
While any divorce can be stressful for Florida families to navigate, the stakes can be significantly higher in high-asset divorces. Also known as high net worth divorces, high-asset divorces entail the dissolution of marriage between Florida spouses with substantial wealth or assets.
As you can imagine, high-asset divorces can involve many complexities for Miami couples. When preparing for a high net worth divorce, securing trusted representation from an experienced high-asset divorce lawyer is imperative to retain what’s rightfully yours. In many cases, sound counsel can mean the difference between walking away empty-handed and preserving your hard-won wealth.
Fortunately, Attorney Beatriz Zyne has over 20 years of experience representing fellow Floridians in complex high-asset divorces. Reach out to Beatriz Zyne, P.A. to learn how our firm can help save you time and money during your high net worth divorce.
Preparing for divorce can be stressful. Our Florida attorney can help protect your hard-earned assets. Call (305) 876-6138 to schedule a consultation.
What Is a High-Asset Divorce in Florida?
Divorces involving high net worth spouses can be complex and challenging. Such cases require sufficient knowledge and experience from a qualified high-asset divorce attorney to ensure a fair and equitable outcome in Florida. Fortunately, our experienced firm understands the intricacies of high-asset divorces and is dedicated to safeguarding your financial interests throughout the process.
A high-asset divorce or high net worth divorce refers to a dissolution of marriage involving substantial wealth and assets. In Florida, this typically entails a divorce involving couples with a combined net worth exceeding $1 million. However, remember that the threshold for high-asset divorces isn’t set in stone. The exact amount may vary based on individual circumstances and the complexity of spouses’ financial portfolios.
Equitable Distribution in High Net Worth Divorces
When it comes to property division during divorce, Florida follows the principle of equitable distribution. Unlike community property states, which typically split marital assets evenly, family courts in Florida can take various factors into account when making decisions in high-asset divorces, such as:
- Duration of the marriage
- Any history of marital misconduct
- Future earning capacity of each spouse
- Economic circumstances of each spouse
- Financial contributions made by each spouse
Importance of Hiring Experienced Representation
While no divorce is without its stressors, high-asset divorces can present unique challenges for Florida couples, such as:
- Complex financial portfolios: High net worth individuals often have diverse and complex financial portfolios that can include a variety of items, such as investments, stocks, real estate, businesses, and offshore accounts. Dividing these assets will require sound counsel from a qualified lawyer with sufficient experience handling financially complex dissolutions of marriage.
- Valuation of assets: Accurately valuing high-value assets, such as luxury properties, valuable collections, or intellectual property, can be challenging. An experienced attorney can work with financial experts to ensure a fair and accurate valuation for Florida clients.
- Business ownership and partnerships: If one or both spouses own a business or have significant interests in partnerships, issues like determining the business's value, dividing ownership, and addressing potential future income streams must be carefully addressed.
- Pre and postnuptial agreements: High net worth individuals often have prenuptial or postnuptial agreements in place. Navigating these agreements and ensuring their enforceability can be complex, requiring the expertise of an attorney experienced in high-asset divorces.
- Hidden assets and complex financial structures: In high net worth divorces, spouses may attempt to hide assets or manipulate financial structures to minimize their liabilities. A skilled attorney will have the knowledge and resources to uncover hidden assets and protect your interests.
- Tax implications: Dividing assets in high net worth divorces can have significant tax implications. An experienced attorney can work with tax specialists to minimize tax-related liabilities and protect your financial interests.
- Privacy concerns: High-profile individuals may be concerned about privacy during divorce proceedings. A knowledgeable attorney can take steps to protect your privacy and handle sensitive information with utmost confidentiality.
Because high-asset divorces can be so complex, working with a trusted high-asset divorce lawyer is imperative to obtaining a favorable outcome in family court. A qualified attorney can negotiate effectively on your behalf to help you navigate the complexities of family court while ensuring your assets are protected throughout the divorce proceedings.
Contact a Skilled High-Asset Divorce Lawyer in Miami
At Beatriz Zyne, P.A., our trusted family lawyer has extensive experience representing couples and families in Miami and beyond in various familial disputes, from child custody battles to domestic violence to paternity rights. Our firm understands how sensitive and emotionally exhausting family matters can be, which is why we’re here to support you and your loved ones from start to finish. Reach out today to secure the trusted legal counsel you deserve for an upcoming divorce or related family matter in Florida courts.
When your lifelong earnings are on the line, collaborating with a high-asset divorce lawyer is critical. Contact us online to schedule a consultation.