Miami Spousal Support Lawyer
Helping Clients With Alimony & Modifications in Florida
Following a divorce, supporting yourself can sometimes be a major challenge. On the other hand, sole or major wage-earners in a marriage may feel overburdened by the idea of supporting two households after a divorce. No matter where you stand on the issue, Beatriz Zyne, P.A. is a law firm you can count on for diligent representation in alimony disputes. Our alimony attorney in South Miami can guide you through the process, strongly advocating on your behalf to the courts in seeking a favorable case result.
How Is Alimony Determined in Florida?
In any alimony dispute, the courts will look at various factors to consider whether or not to award this support and, if so, how much and for how long it should be granted.
Factors that can be relevant to alimony decisions include:
- The length of the marriage
- The standard of living that the parties enjoyed during the marriage
- The ability of the requesting spouse to support himself or herself financially
- The ability of the spouse being sued for support to pay it
- Whether one spouse majorly contributed to the other’s training, education, or career
- Whether a spouse contributed by being a stay-at-home parent and homemaker
Courts may award alimony as a lump sum, for a specific time period, as a bridge-the-gap means for helping one of the spouses to become self-supporting, or as a durational alimony granted in long-term marriages for a term specified by the court.
Can Alimony be Modified in Florida?
Alimony can be modified, however it must be because there was a substantial change in circumstances. Here are issues that a Florida court will consider to be justifiable reasons for modification:
- If one or more party members has endured a severe or chronic illness
- If the payer has experienced long term unemployment
- The payer has received a large raise or a more lucrative job
- The paying party has retired and is no longer receiving income
Bring Your Case to a Proven South Miami Alimony Lawyer
If you have any questions or issues concerning your divorce case, Attorney Beatriz Zyne can provide the answers you need as well as guidance as to what to expect. Our firm is committed to providing you with the highest quality of family law representation available and looks forward to serving you on all vital issues, from alimony to child support issues and beyond.